This report measures the policy initiatives of the Canada’s twenty-seven largest urban areas.
Community Information Database (available in French)
- Population, employment, education, and income indicators for all Canadian communities.
- Data on percentage of population that walks to work, by census municipal area.
- Describes techniques of measuring and evaluating non-motorized travel, including walking.
Online TDM Encylopedia – Data Collection and Surveys Section (Victoria Transport Policy Institute)
- The Data Collection and Surveys section of the Online TDM Encylopedia has a wealth of information on the measurement and evaluation of transportation demand management programs, including walking.
- Detailed travel data for the Greater Golden Horseshoe area of Ontario collected by the University of Toronto in 2006, includes active travel modes.
- Collected every 5 years.
- Harris/Decima Inc conducted 1,016 telephone interviews in the spring of 2011 for Metrolinx to gather data on how elementary students travel to and from school.